Re: Dev/2000 Messages

From: Ken Shirey <kshirey_at_spindle.net>
Date: 1996/09/17

Piotr A. Szczygielski wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> I know already how to capture messages like FRM-01234 '....'. But what about
> messages and system alerts that don't have a number like:
>
> Do you want to save changes you have made (Yes, No, Cancel)
>
> On-Message does not react on such a message, On-Error also (well - it's
> not any error anyway) so how to do it ? Or maybe someone knows when such
> alert is shown ? I checked in manuals and found nothing :-((((
> I just want to set a simmillar message but in Polish and have no idea
> how to do it. Have anyone had such a problem ?
>
> Party.
Try intercepting the ON-CLEAR-BLOCK, PRE-COMMIT, or others during the chain of block navigation. The Oracle Forms reference manual describes these triggers, and can give you insight into the proper interception of these unwanted messages.

P.S:
if you're getting these messages in an unexpected fashion, be sure to check that you're not accidentally "dirtying" the block during a postquery  or other trigger. This will cause unwanted commits, and possibly skew auditing results (if you're using auditing triggers at the database) Received on Tue Sep 17 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message