Re: HP9000/7.3 install problem

From: jdesjar_at_ucs.att.com <(jdesjar_at_ucs.att.com)>
Date: 1996/09/17

In article <32378865.3B9D_at_dbintellect.com>, christoph karpeter <ckarpeter_at_dbintellect.com> writes:
> Jacob Steen Due wrote:
> >
> > cooper_at_seismo.CSS.GOV (Dale Cooper) wrote:
> >
> > >Fellow HP/Oracle folk:

> > >We're having one heck of time installing 7.3 on our HP9000. I don't think it's
> > >an Oracle proble per se, most likely a mounting problem. We've followed the
> > >directions printed on the CD distribution for mounting the CD and we have had
> > >success, yet when we try to run the installer, all of the files in the
> > >distribution appear in upper case...and when we try to do the install, of course
> > >the thing fails because it's looking for the orainst.cm (in addition to a
> > >number of other key files) in lowercase. Now, I'm sure that Oracle would
> > >never ship such a blunderous release to us. As such we believe that it is
> > >the way that we are mounting the CD. Does anyone have any insight as to why
> > >this is happening and perhaps give us help in how to resolve this little
> > >annoyance? We think it to be similar to the -f flag in SCO unix...but that's
> > >just a guess.

> > >Please email as I don't have regular access to the net like I used to. :(

ORACLE ships the same distribution CD for many different platforms (Solaris, DEC , etc)

This cross-platform CD is compliant with some kind of cross-platform standard for CD-ROMs.

Now, in your specific case, I know that HP-UX 10, I believe, is NOT compliant to that universal CD-Rom format standard.

You definitely ought to call ORACLE and inquire about this, as I know that a friend of mine had the same problem where ORACLE is shipping the distribution CD according to a universal format that HP does not YET comply with....

Sorry I had to post, my post office could not find your address...

Jean DESJARDINS Received on Tue Sep 17 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message