Re: MTS Configuration

From: Brian Martin <icbkr_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1996/09/15

Jay Mehta wrote:
> I agree with you that there should be memory savings with MTS

So what went wrong?

> What commands or tools did you use to measure memory usage?

Is it me, or is it confusing when you get mail and a post? It must be the JOLT.

We use only the tools that came with Oracle, whichever version of *NIX we're using at the moment, and our unparalelled distributed loosely-coupled gray matter supercomputer, slow roasted over a caffeine fire. :)

Just the usual, vmstat, iostat, time, ps aux, some others. The hardest one was figuring out how to map processes between UNIX and Oracle. I'm pretty low speed on this stuff, there's probably someone out there with access to some serious process breakdown tools, if that's the detail you need.

The two books that came with my system on optimizing supplied most of the information. One is an Oracle manual and the other is a DEC OSF1 manual. Between the two, they handle just about everything I need. Received on Sun Sep 15 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message