Re: Designer/Developer/2000 on NT4.0 WS

From: Ian Sparkes <sparkes_at_primenet.com>
Date: 1996/09/14

I've run Des/2000 (V 1.3) on NT 3.51 & 4.0 and have a very good handle on the issues.

3.5.1 - Everything works great (as do all other versions of Des/2000 I've tried)

4.0 - Not only is it not supported but there are some real problems

  1. Repository Admin utility - Repository install utility cause the client machine to swap it's brains out, I never got it to complete, Went to a 3.51 machine to finish.
  2. Forms generator produces invalid forms to the extent that they won't query a table. The same module generates fine on 3.51
  3. I'm believe that buttons on forms (not the toolbar) don't work

Designer/2000 itself seems to work fine with these exceptions. Received on Sat Sep 14 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message