Re: SMP & threads for SQL queries

From: Trent Piepho <xyzzy_at_u.washington.edu>
Date: 1996/09/14

In article <3239e26c.798075912_at_news.dtc.net>, John Matzen <wizard_at_mrinc.com> wrote:

>>John Stevens <jstevens_at_bamboo.verinet.com> wrote in article
>><516t1c$9ru_at_bamboo.verinet.com>...

>>> What makes SCO or Solaris more real than Linux?
>
>Because, SCO UnixWare and Solaris (and NT, and OS/2, and even Windows
>95 (!flames,plez)) support multithreaded applications. Linux does

What are you talking about? Linux has both user space and kernel space threads. I also haven't found threads to be so great compared to multiple processes. Sure they can be usefull, but they're not that great.

--
|Gazing up to the breeze of the heavens \ on a quest, meaning, reason  |
|came to be, how it begun \ all alone in the family of the sun         |