Re: ora 12223 internal tns limit reached?

From: J L Joslin <jljoslin_at_cris.com>
Date: 1996/09/13

On Wed, 11 Sep 1996 21:48:22 -0600, David Bachrach <dbach_at_boulder.earthnet.net> wrote:

>I am getting an ora 12223 error. TNS internal limit reached. I am
>running version 10.6 of the financials on a 7.1.6.2 database on solaris
>2.5. We had 255 processes set in init.ora with mts_dispatchers set to 2
>and servers set to 10. Oracle told us to up the processes to 400, but
>this seems way out of line. Can anyone point me in the right
>direction. The concurrent manager processes were blowing up at the
>time, not the user connections. I think the mts_dispatchers should be
>increased. We had about 5 users telneting onto the system with another
>15 logged in via the smart client forms. We had the standard concurrent
>managers running with 3 jobs running at a time.

David,

   There is indeed an interal limit for the queueing mechanism which MTS uses. You cannot exceed 300 concurrent users (processes) without things going to hell in a handbasket. This is a known limitation in MTS and there's little to be done about it. It was actually designed that way. An Oracle field support type told us about this while he was trying to fix a similar problem we were having.   When you make reference to "standard concurrent managers" are you referring to the shared server processes (S000_xxx)?

Jim Joslin Received on Fri Sep 13 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message