Re: More of the ongoing battle with dbms_sql

From: Brian Martin <icbkr_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1996/09/13

Ramesha H.G. Bhatta wrote:
> only. You cannot execute PL/SQL Code dynamically. One simple reason is
> you cannot pass a procedure or function name as parameter.
>
> Only way you can achieve this by writing a Pro*C code which prepares a
> plain script and executes by forking a new oracle session.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Ramesha H.G.

Actually, no. I'm doing exactly that. By using anonymous blocks, as documented in the silver Oracle Press PL/SQL programmers book, chapter 10, using dbms_sql, I get to execute whatever I want. I'm having users build dynamic PL/SQL code from a menu driven interface which simplifies/controls there input, and confines it to stuff I want them to have. I can't go into more detail, but really: we're running dynamic sql code. check out the book, it contains all of the info passed around on here, plus the additional features I needed in nice clear format. Received on Fri Sep 13 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message