Re: connect userid/password script

From: Stan Towianski <stantow_at_ibm.net>
Date: 1996/09/11

Hi,

I also capture the output of the sqlplus run and analyze it for ORA- type error
<<

I have not had time to look into this yet, but since you might already be doing
it I will ask you.

It sounds like you are using Unix; I know of the 'script' command to capture output, but I want to use the script command inside say a shell program (or in our case a REXX program). I want the shell program to start the script command, run a program (with output captured), and then stop the script command.
The problem is that once script starts it seems to start it own subshell and does not continue running my program. Do you know of a way around this? or is there a different command to use? A quick man on script does not seem to offer any args to run programs or anything.

Thanks.

(posted newsgroup reply and sent email)

stantow_at_ibm.net Received on Wed Sep 11 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message