Re: HP9000/7.3 install problem

From: Michael J. Hillanbrand II <mjhii_at_pop.erols.com>
Date: 1996/09/10

Dale Cooper wrote:

> Fellow HP/Oracle folk:
>
> We're having one heck of time installing 7.3 on our HP9000. I don't think it's
> an Oracle proble per se, most likely a mounting problem. We've followed the
> directions printed on the CD distribution for mounting the CD and we have had
> success, yet when we try to run the installer, all of the files in the
> distribution appear in upper case...and when we try to do the install, of course
> the thing fails because it's looking for the orainst.cm (in addition to a
> number of other key files) in lowercase. Now, I'm sure that Oracle would
> never ship such a blunderous release to us. As such we believe that it is
> the way that we are mounting the CD. Does anyone have any insight as to why
> this is happening and perhaps give us help in how to resolve this little
> annoyance? We think it to be similar to the -f flag in SCO unix...but that's
> just a guess.
>
> Please email as I don't have regular access to the net like I used to. :(

The problem is in the Instructions. They leave out the step run the script START.SH.

This is done after the oracle_link directory is created. This sets up "links" to the upeercase names within the oracle_link directory

Michael J. Hillanbrand II                            Dulcian, Inc.
                   Oracle Data Base Administration
Voice: 215-773-7307                           Fax:    610-277-2966
mailto://mjhii_at_pop.erols.com or mailto://mjh_at_salts.icpphil.navy.mil
              Delaware Valley Oracle Users Group, Inc.
                http://www.oug.com/OUG/DEVOUG/
Contact me for Newsletter ads, articles, book reviews & Website Info.