Re: SGA Size

From: Joseph Pearce <jp_at_worldlangnet.com>
Date: 1996/09/08

Winston Douglas <wdouglas_at_istar.ca> wrote in article <50utt7$rp_at_news.istar.ca>...
> So far I have been setting the SGA size by merely trial & error and
> guessing. Is there a way of calculating exactly how much large my SGA
> should be ?
>
> Winston Douglas
> Apotex Inc.
> Toronto, Canada

The common literature states that the SGA should be configured so that cache misses should be 1%, 15%, and 40% for the library, dictionary and buffer cache respectively. You can monitor the cache history by running a procedure called GATHERSGASTATS provided in Sybex's book Oracle 7 & client server computing. Received on Sun Sep 08 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message