Re: Advice: Oracle 6 -> Oracle 7 conversion

From: Abdul R Sheikh <arsheikh_at_sprynet.com>
Date: 1996/09/06

Chris,

        Best and cleanest way would be to do a full export of the v6 database and import it into the new v7 database, that way you avoid messing with tapes, machines, setup of windows etc. The import into v7 will take care of the upgrade from v6 to v7. You may need to review the way your application uses the char datatypes as these change to varchar2 in v7.

regards
Abdul