Re: Help, forming dynamic query in PL/SQL proc. using parameters

From: Thomas J. Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1996/09/06

To ease the use of dynamic sql in pl/sql on the web, I suggest you look at the code found at http://govt.us.oracle.com, follow the link to tech center/downloadable utilities. The oracle web agent extensions there show you how to do dynamic sql in plsql pretty easily....

On Fri, 6 Sep 1996 12:54:08 -0500 (EST), "XingChun Zheng" <xczheng_at_cs.indiana.edu> wrote:

>I am working on a project that involves Oracle WebServer 2.0 and Netscape. I
>encountered the following PL/SQL problem :
>*I tried to pass two variables: signs and mydate from the netscape form
>to the stored procedure. The I would like to use the follow:
>cursor c1 is select * from table1 where tbdate signs mydate;
>I understand that the parser will expect one of the signs such as >, = ,<
>instead of a variable in the place of the signs. I wonder if any of you
>knows how to get around with this
>

>Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
>
>Xing Chun Zheng
>xczheng_at_cs.indiana.edu
>
>--
>Xingchun Zheng
>xczheng_at_cs.indiana.edu
>url: http://www.cs.indiana.edu/hyplan/xczheng.html

Thomas Kyte
Oracle Government
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com

http://govt.us.oracle.com

  • Check out Oracle Governments web site! ----- Follow the link to "Tech Center" and then downloadable Utilities for some free software...

statements and opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Oracle Corporation Received on Fri Sep 06 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message