Re: Separating Data and Index

From: Torben Bach Pedersen <tbp_at_kmd.dk>
Date: 1996/09/06

Vijay Vardhineni 604-1835 wrote:

> Try with FULL=Y .
>
> Vijay Vardhineni
> Oracle DBA, EDS
> Plano, TX

> From: sanjay_at_gr.hp.com (Sanjay Mehta)
> Newsgroups: comp.databases.oracle
> Subject: Separating Data and Index
> Date: 23 Aug 96 23:48:56 GMT
>
> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to separate data from indexes in an existing table using
> export/import. I want to end up with the data in APP_DATA1 and indexes
> in INDEX1 (tablespaces). I am exporting 50 some odd tables with around
> 200 indexes. After running an export of the owner I am running the
> following command:
>
> imp system/manager file=expdat.dmp indexfile=index.sql
>
> If I view index.sql it only shows 2 indexes to modify. Where are the
> other 198???
>
> I have queried dba_ind_columns and the ownership of these indexes is
> correct.
>
> HELP, so far Oracle Support can't.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Sanjay
>
> The opions here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my
> employer.

Could it be that these two indexes are the only OWNED by system ? I think thank import defaults to USER mode, i.e. in this case it will only import SYSTEM's objects. You have to specify FULL=Y on the command line to import the entire .dmp file.

Hope this helps

Torben Bach Pedersen
DBA
Kommunedata I/S
Ã…rhus
Denmark Received on Fri Sep 06 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message