Re: [Q] Split Large Table ? and some more ...

From: <chereau>
Date: 1996/09/04

First, you have to make indexes.
Second it is known to put tables data on one table space on one disk and the indexes on a second disk. If you have many modification on the database, it is mutch better to put relogs files on a third disk.

Splitting a table in pieces each one on a separate disk can help. If pieces are on teh same disk, that would not help.

Often the bigger effect is in the optimisation of the sql syntax.

I do not believe that using sample table of 1000 records would help.

Your big tables can not stay in the SGA. For testing performances and sql syntax, you can use table smaller and smaller SGA but with tables that can not stay in SGA.

As usal, those information are my own and not involve my enployer. Received on Wed Sep 04 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message