Re: Login in Error

From: Bob <bmarien_at_be.oracle.com>
Date: 1996/09/02

Liu Hui Ting wrote:

> Hi,
> I logined into the database instance using system/manager, then
> created an user id and granted dba to it. So far it's OK. The problem
> came when i tried to login to the database(through sql*plus) using the
> newly created
> ID, the error message is as follow:
>
> Warning: Product user profile information not loaded!
> ERROR:
> ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
>
> Error in disabling roles in product user profile.
>
> How can I solve the problem?
>
> By the way, i was using oracle 7.2 in windows NT 3.5.1.
>
> Thanks.
>
> -liu
>
> liuht_at_scsxpo.scsnet.scs.com.sg

You migth want to run the 'pupbld.sql' script which you find in your ORACLE/DBS directory. However, when you do not have the Product_user_profile table, no harm is done usually.

Bob Marien

Standard disclaimer : This mail represents only my own opinions, not those of any organisation

                       I am member of...