Long Data type in Oracle

From: Usha N. Iyer/Tech Cell/Mastek <ushai_at_meghdoot.mastek.com>
Date: 1996/08/31

Hi,

We want to access long datatypes in database triggers. Any Help??

Our setup is Gupta SQL Windows 5.0.2 as frontend Oracle 7.1 as backend.

(application has audit trail tables which store the old and new values of fields.

These application audit trail records are inserted through database triggers. However, long datatypes cannot be accessed as :old, :new in database triggers for Oracle.

Alternate solution was to access the long value using select statement (in varchar(2000) field) and inserting in the application audit trail tables.

But, this gives mutating problem!

Performing changes at frontend is ruled out.

Thanks !!

Usha. Received on Sat Aug 31 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message