Re: Rollback segments

From: Colin Polykett <polyketc_at_bibip1.wgw.bt.co.uk>
Date: 1996/08/30

In article <505nv0$1kdu_at_elmo.cadvision.com>, gouldent_at_cadvision.com says...

>A rollback segment is just another ORACLE object like a table or view.
>Use REVOKE to restrict access to a segment. I am assuming that you are
>intending to do this with a special segment not the SYSTEM rollback
>segment; this would not be a good idea.

Have you actually tried this ? I think you'll find that a rollback segment is not like a table or view in this respect. I don't know of any way to prevent a user using certain rollback segments. You can force a transaction to use a specific RS but you can't force it not to use one.

This .sig is under construction