Re: PowerBuilder and Oracle

From: Martin Bronstein <marty_at_amelia.sp.trw.com>
Date: 1996/08/28

John Mackie wrote:

> UDSD065_at_DSIBM.OKLADOT.STATE.OK.US wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I haven't dived very deep into PB, but this question is bugging me
> > since a week. Reading this news group and job ads, I saw that PB and
> > Oracle are usually mentioned together. As far as I know, PB has watcom
> > database that comes with it and one can create PB front end to manipulat
> > e this database. I have not used Oracle but somebody told me that Oracle
> > also comes with some feature that lets you make screen for data manipula
> > tion. I am not sure if he is right. <<snip>>
> >
> > I would really appreciate if someone could help me be clear about this.
> >
> > Thank you for your help.
> >
> > Sincerely
> > Suman.

Oracle sells a product called Developer/2000 that has all the tools you need to build front end applications for the Oracle database. In addition there is a reporting application developer, as well as graphics and data query tools. It all integrates together with the Oracle backend.

marty_at_amelia.sp.trw.com Received on Wed Aug 28 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message