Re: Updating TNSNAMES.ORA/Upgrading SQL*Net

From: Cor de Waaij <C.deWaaij_at_PTT-Telecom.NL>
Date: 1996/08/27

Hi,
When you have more clients you'd better use Oracle*names. Then you don't have to use TNSNAMES.ORA on the client, just SQLNET.ORA for locating the names server (where the database names + lokations are stored in a cebtal place)
You can use oracle names for generating listener.ora files for the servers. Greetings Cor

In article <4ur5c2$63u_at_eng_ser1.erg.cuhk.hk>, s926058_at_sgiind07.csc.cuhk.hk (LUN WING SAN) says: