Re: How to get number of free blocks?

From: LEV <lev_at_hq.icb.chel.su>
Date: 1996/08/26

Uwe Goldhammer wrote:
->
-> We use a Oracle7 database with 100 table (size of database is 20 GB).
-> But only three tables are very big (1.6 to 6.0 GB).
-> We use big initial extents because these tables are 75..100% filled.
-> Storage Parameters:
-> initial extent 1000M
-> next extent 200M
-> pctincrease 0
-> How can I get the number of free blocks in the big extents?
-> The data dictionary view DBA_FREE_SPACE tells me the free
-> space in a tablespace, not in a extent.
-> The view ALL_TABLES is usable only after analyzing the tables,
-> which takes for the big ones 7 to 8 hours a table.
-> Is there another way to get this information?
-> Regards
-> Uwe

# select * from DBA_EXTENTS where segment_name='YOUR_TABLE";

And another interesting table to view is DBA_SEGMENTS Received on Mon Aug 26 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message