How can I get the number of free blocks?

From: Uwe Goldhammer <106111.1074_at_compuserve.com>
Date: 1996/08/23

We use a Oracle7 database with 100 table (size of database is 20 GB). But only three tables are very big (1.6 to 6.0 GB). We use big initial extents because these tables are 75..100% filled. Storage Parameters:

	initial extent 1000M
        next extent     200M
        pctincrease       0

How can I get the number of free blocks in the big extents? The data dictionary view DBA_FREE_SPACE tells me the free space in a tablespace, not in a extent.
The view ALL_TABLES is usable only after analyzing the tables, which takes for the big ones 7 to 8 hours a table. Is there another way to get this information? Regards
Uwe Received on Fri Aug 23 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message