Re: Table In Memory

From: Randy <rmramos.gbs_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1996/08/23

Naren Chintala <naren_at_mink.att.com> wrote:
>dnguyeb_at_site.gmu.edu (Dong Duong Nguyen (SSE)) wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I was wondering if anyone knows how to load a table into memory
>>and keep it there. I've got a large table that is constantly being accesses
>>Keeping it in memory would help a lot.
>>
>>Thanks
>>doug
>>

>Try the following.
>
>SQL> alter table <table_name> cache;

The CACHE parameter does not actually PIN the table into the Database Buffer Cache. It places it's blocks at the MRU end of the list. Be very careful that you don't flush the cache. You may want to limit the number of blocks to cache. Set this with the parameter cache_size_threshold.

Hope this helps
R2
Independent Oracle Consultant Received on Fri Aug 23 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message