Attach Oracle 6 Tables to Access 2.0 Using Oracle 7 ODBC Driver?

From: Mark Walter <mwalter_at_afit.af.mil>
Date: 1996/08/22

  Is it possible to attach Oracle 6 tables (on VAX) to Access v 2.0 running on Win 95 using INTERSOLV's Oracle 7 ver 2.11 ODBC driver? It appears I have a valid connection (I can see the list of tables), but when I try to attach any of them I get the following error:

[INTERSOLV][ODBC Oracle driver][Oracle] ORA-00933: SQL command not properly ended (#933)

  This is the closest I've been able to get trying to attach Oracle 6 tables to Access 2.0. I've tried several different ODBC drivers with no luck. If anyone has other suggestions, I would appreciate hearing them...

  BTW - Attaching Oracle 7 tables using the same driver configuration works.

  Thanks! Received on Thu Aug 22 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message