Re: Shared Pool Size and ORA-4031

From: Simon C. Leung <scleung_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1996/08/22

Monitor your v$sgastat, particularly where name = 'free memory' which shows the free memory you have in the shared pool. ALTER SYSTEM FLUSH SHARED_POOL does regain the free memory, but it hurts performance. I will not flush my database regularly.

|  Simon C. Leung             | Disclaimer:        |
|  Oracle Corporation         | my opinions only,  |
|  scleung_at_us.oracle.com      | not my employer's. |