Re: software for creating a webpage and connecting it to a database

From: Nick Gallemmo <ndg_at_west.enterworks.com>
Date: 1996/08/21

Nicolette Berkley wrote:

> Robert,
>
> But what if I want to connect to an Oracle database and my Web server is not
> Oracle's ? Does Oracle offer anything in this area ?
>
> Nicolette Berkley
> Roche Products Ltd

Take a look at VirtualDB from enterWorks.com (site: www.enterworks.com)

This product allows you to integrate Oracle, as well as almost any other database, flat file, ISAM file etc... into a seamless, integrated database view that is accessable from web browsers.

It supports both predefined and ad-hoc queries through browsers. The company also has a series of security and firewall products that integrate with VirtualDB to protect your companies data.

Data can be integrated from disparate files/databases on a single system as well as files/databases spread across multiple systems connected via TCP/IP. Nick Galemmo
Data Warehousing Consultant
enterWorks.com Received on Wed Aug 21 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message