Re: How do I...(SQLPLUS) newbie question.

From: Alexander Moan <moan_at_sn.no>
Date: 1996/08/20

Use :
set termout off/on

(and since you are going to run the script from $ you may want to do an exit at the end of the script)
Hope this helps.

In the article <4vcul4$hkr_at_alpha.wright.edu>, s002dla_at_alpha.wright.edu (DESAPHNE ARMSTRONG-FOSTER) wrote :
> I am writing an sql script. I have sqlplus commands embedded in my script.
> I have echo set off to suppress my commands and feedback set off to
> suppress the number of rows returned my select. I want my computer
> operators to run this job from the Unix $ prompt and don't want the
> actual rows returned to scroll on the monitor. What command do I use to
> suppress the returned data from scrolling onto the screen?
>
> Any assistance anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated.
>
> You may respond to me at s002dla_at_discover.wright.edu or
> dfoster_at_fsp.fsp.com
>
> Thank you,
> Desa (a frustrated systems analyst in Dayton, OH)

| Alexander Moan	 --:-)		      moan_at_sn.no |
| Any statements I make are my own, and are not to be    |
| taken as an statement from my employer.                |
| Norwgian Defence Command Norway			 |
| Home Guard Staff					 |
| "Don't blame me, I just work here !"			 |