Re: US-CO-Boulder-Electronic Data Systems(EDS)-ORACLE DBA[no travel req.]-bdm_at_indra.com

From: Engle Oak <engle_at_comland.com>
Date: 1996/08/17

Jenny Farnham wrote:

> In article <320E9F76.85D_at_comland.com>, Engle Oak <engle_at_comland.com> wrote:
> >Steve Carnes wrote:

> >> Don't forget to mention the 125 mph winds and occasional 3-ft blizzards.
> >

> >what i'd do to be in a blizzard right now!
> >

> >home sick in Austin, TX (just finished hitting 100 degree for over a
> >week!)
> >
> >So how are the rental rates right now. has it topped $650 for an
> >effeciency?
>
> I live in Boulder, Colorado (at the foot of the Rockies).
> I have lived here 5 years. I used to live in Fairfax, VA.
> I have never experienced a 3 ft blizzard yet. The winds... hmmm,
> 125 mph? That would be a tornado. We have had a 60mph wind once...
> but nothing like you describe. There is no humidity and yes, the
> "over 300 days of sunshine" is accurate. I rarely wear a coat
> in the winter because the air is so dry. The sun on a 30 degree
> day can make it feel much warmer.
>
> Prices.... yes, it's expensive to live here. My brother-in-law
> is renting an efficiency on Baseline Road in Boulder. It is 420/
> month. A one bedroom will cost you 600.
>
> My husband and I bought a house in Boulder for 194K. It's a modest
> home, not new. The new ones cost over 200K, and closer to 300K.
>
> So, if you are offerred a job in Boulder, Colorado (or Boulder
> County),
> make sure you are well compensated.
>
> JFarnham
> p.s. if you have questions about Boulder, feel free to email me.
> --
> Jennifer Farnham
> email: farnham_at_spot.colorado.edu or
> HomePage: http://spot.Colorado.EDU/~farnham/Home.html

Actually I'm considering moving back and would appreciate anyone who can let me know of some contract or permanant positions for an Access or Foxpro programmer within the area. If you run into anything dropping me a line would really be appreciated. thanx Received on Sat Aug 17 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message