Acc20: Write-conflict on records in newly created Oracle-Tables

From: Martin Schroeder <ms_at_dream.hb.north.de>
Date: 1996/08/15

Hi,
we're having problems with MS-Access 2.0 and write-conflicts in an attached table in an Oracle-Database.

We create a new table like another, add the keys, copy the data from the source table -- and when I then attach this table with MS-Access, I get a write-conflict-warning from MS-Access on _some_ records in the table (but not all!). :-(

The table is absolutely new and I'm the only one using it!

It is possible to change these records from Oracle, but _not_ from Access -- so we assume the problem is not with Oracle but with Access.

[We have the same problem _with_the_same_records_locked_ in our 'live' table and tried if it would happen with a copy -- bingo! :-(]

Our setup: MS-Access 2.0, Oracle 7.x, Novell Network with IPX and TCP/IP, Windows 3.11, server runs on OSF/1, ODBC-Driver from 1995.

Any solutions?

Thanks in advance

        Martin

P.S.: Note Followup-To: comp.databases.ms-access

--
               Martin Schr"oder, MS_at_Dream.HB.North.DE
Simplicity is the natural result of profound thought. (Anu Garg)