Re: Size of Datafiles

From: Randy Dewoolfson <randyd_at_cais3.cais.com>
Date: 1996/08/15

This should be operating system dependent. Usually you can go to 2 Gig per device on a Unix system. Im not sure about VMS. Typically I do not like to make my data files as large as possible, because it affects the time needed to back them up, move them around, etc when they are offline.

Hope it helps
Randy :)

Joe Bianco (biancoj_at_toysrus.com) wrote:
: Hi all,

: I am creating a 20G tablespace on a VMS operating system, and I want to
: know if there is a limit on how large I should make each datafile. I
: thought I read 500M but I am now being told I could go as high as 3G.
: Anybody hear anything else.

: Thanks
: Joe

--
  .?$" '?i     .                              I  Randy DeWoolfson  I