forms4.5 sorting - help needed

From: Johannes Kribbel <kribbel_at_datamed.co.at>
Date: 1996/08/12

I need to order the records of a tabular block by a non-basetable-item which is filled
by a post-query trigger. I cannot use a view with a join because I need to update
data.

more infos:
I have two tables 1) table A (param_id number, value number, ...)

                  2) table B (id number, param_name varchar, ...)
My block (with Basetable A) should look like:

  Parameter | Value

  <B.param_name> | <A.value>
  ... |

Item <param_id> is hidden, <param_name> is the non-basetable item,
<value> should be updateable and the rows should be ordered by
<param_name>. A view with A and B joined by A.param_id=B.id as a
basetable for the block would be sortable but it's not possible to update through a view.

Does anybody out there have an idea for a solution ?

Thanks
Johannes Kribbel - kribbel_at_datamed.co.at - austria Received on Mon Aug 12 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message