Re: forms 45, Disabling and re-enabling a button in forms...

From: Steve Chell <slc_at_stevensons.co.nz>
Date: 1996/08/12

scaldwel_at_mailhost.wlc.com (scaldwel) wrote:

>We have a simple form with a number of buttons on it which are disabled and
>enabled, depending on the state of the form. For example, two buttons are
>disabled in Edit (Query state) mode, but enabled in New record mode. The
>problem is that once we disable a button and re enable it again (by setting
>the Enabled property programatically), it is no longer possible to tab to it,
>even when the Enabled and Navigable properties are both set to TRUE. Any
>ideas greatly appreciated...

I had a similar problem, but it was with a text item not a button.

When disabling an item (but setting the ENABLED property to false), certain other fields (including Navigable) are automatically set to false as well. See SET_ITEM_PROPERTY in the reference manual for the complete list of affected properties.

When re-enabling, however, not all of the affected properties are automatically restored to their previous values. You have to do this yourself. A pain, I know.

Steve Chell
slc_at_stevensons.co.nz Received on Mon Aug 12 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message