Re: E-Mails

From: Loren Davidson <loren_at_wombat.net>
Date: 1996/08/12

Lance.Humpert_at_mail.tju.edu wrote:

> Uwe Harmening asks:
>
> > is it possible to send email messages in the internet out of a pl/sql
> > procedure? We have Oracle 7.2 for Windows NT.
> > Any suggestions are welcome.
> (...)
 you should be able to do the same thing from PL/SQL by
> using the 'host' command to pass the mail command to the operating
> system:
>
> host mail my_account_at_host.domain.com < email_msg;

Um...I tried that, because I'm working on a similar problem. Apparently "host" is a SQL*Plus command, and won't compile under PL/SQL. If there's something I've been doing wrong, and it really *does* work, I invite anyone with a successful experience at this to write & let me know.

We're still not sure what the answer to this is on the server side. I can think of a couple of possibilities if you run the Email from the client side, but we haven't gotten the details worked out yet. Stay tuned.

--
Loren Davidson
loren_at_wombat.net