Re: Oracle Via Ms Access

From: Alexander Moan <moan_at_sn.no>
Date: 1996/08/11

In the article <4uk7ph$23p_at_jaring.my>, woei_at_pl.jaring.my (Woei) wrote :
> Currently I'm having a problem which can be describe as below :
>
> I'm accessing to my company oracle db using my notebook
> and I'm planing to use Ms Access to access my oracle db ?
>
> What is the step and drive I need in order to get the data I need ?

Hi !

Get Microsoft or Oracle ODBC-driver. Both work fine. You can get them at either companys ftp-server.
Just remember to get tha latest version and for the right OS. 16 bit ODBC on 95/NT works, but can play you some tricks ! If you are using Access 7.0 I recomend 32bit if you are runing 95/NT. If you are using Access 2.0 you have to use 16bit ODBC as Access 2.0 dosn't recognize 32bit ODBC drivers.

Good luck !

| Alexander Moan	 --:-)		      moan_at_sn.no |
| Any statements I make are my own, and are not to be    |
| taken as an statement from my employer.                |
| Norwgian Defence Command Norway			 |
| Home Guard Staff					 |
| "Don't blame me, I just work here !"			 |