Re: Help on Webserver2.0 on Solaris

From: Nick Clark <fj58_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: 1996/08/06

Jay Ramadorai wrote:

> Are there any bulletins or manuals or other electronic source of
> info on administering Oracle Webserver 2.0. I am running a
> downloaded eval copy and getting lots of "document is protected"
> and "more authentication info needed"-type messages. Also, I am
> having trouble with running 2 listeners on 2 different ports - one
> for admin and the other for a regular user. The listeners keep
> dying with core dumps.
> I was able to configure the 2 listeners and 2 database
> descriptors successfully, but when I try connecting to either port
> I have all kinds of difficulties.
> The biggest problem I have is I am working without sufficient
> doc.
> Thanks
> jayr_at_softwarebuilders.com
>
> --
> Jay Ramadorai
> Software Builders
> 103422.1467_at_CompuServe.com

Haven't seen any documentation anywhere (apart from wots on the CD), but your listener problem sounds like you haven't got the correct patch level in you unix kernel - I've got Jumbo patch (good name) to release 37 on my SS20 (Solaris 2.4) and the thing just installed & ran.

Nick.

--
| Nick Clark.  ####################   NickC_at_dial.pipex.com |