Re: HOST(' ');

From: Singapore Airlines Ltd <engsys_at_merlion.singnet.com.sg>
Date: 1996/08/02

Hi Joseph,

Try this out...

SQL > define host_command = 'ls -l'
SQL > host ( &host_command );

This works on RS/6000. Hope this works on Spark also. Cheers,

Prasad

Joseph C Huang (jchuang+_at_andrew.cmu.edu) wrote:
: Can some guru help me with this?
: I was reading this Newsgroup and saw the usage of HOST(' '); to execute
: commands from UNIX via SQL.
: Typing in, say, HOST('ls'); works and displays the contents of the directory.
: However, typing in, say, HOST('ls -l'); , or any command with paramters,
: does not work and displays the following:
: ls -l: Command not found

: How do I get HOST to work with parameters?
: I'm running this on a Sparc with Solaris 2.4. Thanks.

: Joseph Huang
: jchuang+_at_andrew.cmu.edu
: Computing Skills Workshop
: Carnegie Mellon University