Re: 32Bit Delphi slower with Oracle than 16Bit version?!?!

From: Bryan Keller <bryan_at_seigler.com>
Date: 1996/08/01

John Parrott wrote:

> Why is it that Delphi 2.0 seems sooo much slower connecting to my Oracle
> database then Delphi 1.0? I've had to go through and rip out some
> TTable connections just to get it to a respectable level. I was hoping
> the conversion would bring things in the opposite direction. So far I've
> seen little advatage in going 32bit.

Hmm, I've seen flat-out great performance with D2 and Oracle. I use TQueries everywhere. TTables send all sorts of SQL statements to the server in order to retrieve the table structure, indexes, etc. If you want to use TTables, try turning on schema caching.

-Bryan Received on Thu Aug 01 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message