Re: Sql*Loader: Loading fields containing newlines from a data file

From: Mike Kranzdorf <mikek_at_krt.com>
Date: 1996/08/01

In article <320064d7.251894524_at_news.tip.nl>, P.German_at_integrity.nl wrote:

> We have a data file containing the following records:
>
> 1|bla
> bla
> 2|bla
> bla
>
> The table definition is as follows:
>
> TABLE text
> key NUMBER(9)
> tekst LONG
>

> We want to use SQL*Loader to load the data from the file into this
> table, but SQL*loader has problems with the newlines which are part of
> the data.

What kind of trouble? Do you have a CONCATENATE 2 statement in your control file? I assume the key is "1" and the text is "|b|ab|a". If not, what is the desired text string?

Mike Kranzdorf              mikek_at_krt.com
Kranzco Realty Trust        http://www.krt.com
Oracle Power Objects FAQ http://www.krt.com/mac/opofaq.html Received on Thu Aug 01 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message