Re: Snapshots/refresh/frequency

From: <banglea_at_onr.com>
Date: 1996/08/01

You want to make sure that the interval you specify is long enough for the refresh to actually take place and complete. If you try a refresh interval of every minute and it takes a significant portion of that one minute for the refresh to run, you'll have problems.

Time your snapshot refresh by setting the snapshot up without a refresh interval, then refresh it manually using the dbms.snapshot stored procedure. Once you have a good feel of how long it takes (over several executions), give it plenty of breathing room when you set the refresh interval.

In article <4tbsde$vl_at_abel.cc.sunysb.edu>, rich_at_sbrich.ic.sunysb.edu says...