Re: Oracle Newbie Needs Help

From: Paul Cao <paulc>
Date: 1996/07/31

We have a few server/client software on our system, and here are the things that we try to look for if the software somehow can't connect to the database:
+ Is the database up and running? Try ps ax | grep ora
+ If so try to connect to it using sqlplus. If you can't
    try to see if all the Oracle environment variables are     correctly set.
+ Up to here if everything is OK, try the software. If it
    can't talk to the database still, figure out how the     software establish connection with Oracle (talk to the     programmer).
If you have any error message(s), please post it with your question next time. Good luck. Paul. Received on Wed Jul 31 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message