Re: Table names

From: Brian P. Mac Lean <brian.maclean_at_teldta.com>
Date: 1996/07/31

> Barbara Hiles BEH_at_csd.uwm.edu wrote:
> >
> > Is there a table to list or a place in documentation that lists all of the
> > Oracle tables? System tables and user tables? I know of dba_tables and
> > user_tables. I'm looking for a list of the tables like dba_tables, roles, etc.

This script works with 7.0.16 and 7.2.3 (7.1 is a ?):

REM BEGIN BEGIN BEGIN BEGIN BEGIN BEGIN BEGIN BEGIN set verify off
set pagesize 23
set linesize 80
set pause on
set pause 'Hit enter to continue'
set feedback off
set showmode off
set echo off

ttitle 'All Dynamic Tables And Views In The DB ' select name
from v$fixed_table
order by 1;

ttitle 'All DBA Tables In The DB'
col comments format a49
select dv.view_name, dtc.comments
from dba_tab_comments dtc, dba_views dv

where dv.view_name like 'DBA%'
  and dv.owner     = 'SYS'
  and dv.view_name = dtc.table_name (+)
  and dv.owner     = dtc.owner (+)

order by 1;

exit;
REM END END END END END END END END END END END END brian.maclean_at_teldta.com Received on Wed Jul 31 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message