Q: Forms 4.5/Dev 2000/Converted from 3.0

From: Gary Assa <gsa_at_li.net>
Date: 1996/07/30

I took a Forms 3 form and converted it to a FMB file, then I copied it to my Windows machine. I then proceeded to compile and execute it to run on an 800x600 screen. With a little playing around, I got it to look the way I wanted. However, when I execute it on another pc running on 800x600, it looks as though it is in 640x480. Some PC's run it fine, others run it with it looking too big (not fitting on the screen).

This is what I have tried:

Video driver is the STB Meta driver. (some work some don't). The main PC uses this driver.

One PC has the ATI video card and it works there.

I have tried the Super VGA 800x600 standard driver. Same results.

I thought it might be a font problem, but the fonts are OK.

Here is something that may help. When I create a form from scratch, and run it on the other PC, it works fine. Also, the one form that doesn't, seems to have a different scale on the ruler line. A new form will have 400x364, but the form that doesn't work has 80x18. On the PC that doesn't work, the 80x18 looks like 92x24 (or so). It's as though making the smallest of changes is magnified at the small scale.

Any help????

            http://www.li.net/~gsa/index.html
This is my signature file, not part of this mail message.