Forms 4.5 Text item/pop list

From: Jan Meisler <meislerj_at_charm.net>
Date: 1996/07/26

I have an unusual problem....or at least I think so. I am trying to validate the value in a text item when I leave a text item. If the value entered is not a legal value, I want an LOV to pop up. I put all of this in a WHEN-VALIDAE-ITEM trigger, and everything worked great....for a bit. When leaving the text item, if I click with my mouse in a poplist, the poplist immediately pops up. Once the poplist disappears, then the LOV for the previous item appears if necessary.

I tried creating a simple form, not connected to any table. It had two items, TEXT_ITEM (which was a text item), and LIST_ITEM (which was a poplist). I then put a WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM trigger on TEXT_ITEM. The code for the trigger was one lin. All it said was BELL;. I then ran my form. It seems that the WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM trigger does not fire until the poplist is dismissed. Has anyone else had this problem? How can it be "gotten around"?

E-mail directly to me at meislerj_at_charm.net would be appreciated. Thanks.

                          Jan

  meislerj_at_charm.net Jan Meisler Received on Fri Jul 26 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message