Re: Migrating to Forms 4.5 From Forms 3.0

From: Mark Brady <brady.mark.md_at_bhp.com.au>
Date: 1996/07/26

In article <31F6F3F4.2F45_at_mindspring.com>, Steve Larbig <slarbig_at_mindspring.com> says:

>Greetings,
>
>I realize this is a complex question but I was hoping that the readers of this group might be
>able to provide some insights on this.
>
>We are starting on a project to move our existing systems from Forms 3.0 to Forms 4.5. Our plan
>calls for initially moving to charactor based 4.5 and then selectively moving to GUI based apps.
>My question is, in general, what should we watch out for? How painful is this going to be?
>
>Any insight is definetly appreciated!
>
>Thanks in advance!
>
>Steve Larbig

>Stephen Larbig
>QUALCOMM, Inc.
>
>http://qualcomm.com

We have a similar situation...........
One of our projects started off first with forms 3.0. Now we have a system that has both forms 3.0 and forms 4.5. We would like to move all 3.0 forms to 4.5 but the restriction of course is cost and the customer paying for it.
The few 3.0 forms that we have ported was quite easy to do. To convert 3.0 into a functional but dirty 4.5 is simply to run the migrator. Usually what comes out is usually immediately usable. Its from then that could take some development time to acheive a true GUI form.

Mark Brady - Senior Computer Analyst
BHP Information Technology
Newcastle, NSW Australia
Telephone: 61 (49) 40-1638 Fax: 61 (49) 40-2165 e-mail: brady.mark.md_at_bhp.com.au Received on Fri Jul 26 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message