Re: Disabling PLSQL success message

From: Scott Urman <surman_at_dlsun338.us.oracle.com>
Date: 1996/07/26

In article <31F91491.4351_at_daac.gsfc.nasa.gov>, Joanne Woytek <joanne_at_daac.gsfc.nasa.gov> writes:
|> Upon successfully executing a PLSQL block from SQL*PLUS, the wonderful
|> message:
|> PL/SQL procedure successfully completed.
|>
|> which I find highly annoying. I cannot find any way to turn the
|> message off. Any way to do so?

Use SET FEEDBACK OFF. This will also turn off the number of rows returned by each SQL statement. See the SET command in the SQL*Plus manual for more details.

|> Thanks
|> --
|> Joanne Woytek
|> joanne_at_daac.gsfc.nasa.gov
|> Code 902
|> NASA/GSFC

Scott Urman Oracle Corporation surman_at_us.oracle.com

Author of _Oracle PL/SQL Programming_ ISBN 0-07-882176-2 Published by Oracle Press - http://www.osborne.com/oracle/index.htm

"The opinions expressed here are my own, and are not necessarily that of  Oracle Corporation"