Re: Forms 4.5 Visual Attribute Setting on an Item Instance

From: Tan La <TLa_at_mtl.marconi.ca>
Date: 1996/07/22

In article <4t0m7f$cnp_at_mother.usf.edu>, rife_at_moffitt.usf.edu says...

>I have a multi-record block in which I would like to change the visual
>attribute of an item in one row. I would like it to be changed for just
>that one row and not affect the appearance of the other rows. I have
>tried SET_ITEM_PROPERTY, but it sets the visual attribute for all rows.
>I only wanat to set the visual attribute for the current row only. Can
>this be done?

There are two ways to do this.
1. Use the SET_BLOCK_PROPERTY as follow:

   SET_BLOCK_PROPERTY(block_name, CURRENT_RECORD_ATTRIBUTE, your_attribute);    (this is for runtime)
   or
   Go to the block property sheet, then select your visual attribute for    the current_record_attribute(Design time).

2. Use the DISPLAY_ITEM property as follow:

   DISPLAY_ITEM(item_name, visual_attribute). Note that this only affects    the display of the current instance of the item.

The first option is much more simplier.
Hope this helps
Tan. Received on Mon Jul 22 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message