Seek exchange about Oracle site licensing at Universities

From: Mike McCurdy <mmccurdy_at_mail.sdsu.edu>
Date: 1996/07/22

Greetings -

I work at San Diego State University - one of the California State University system universities - and am interested in cooresponding with other university Oracle users/managers who might have information that they can/are willing to share in regards to licensing fees/agreements with Oracle.

This topic is of interest to me as Oracle is revisiting our concurrent user license agreement in the face of potential web based application access to the database server. I am not involved in the negotiating process and don't represent San Diego State in this matter but am interested, as a DBA, in finding out about it. Any replies via E-mail (or if you're brave - in this forum) will be appreciated. Thanks.

Mike

--
Mike McCurdy
Oracle Database/AIX Systems Administration