Re: Delphi 2.0 vs. Powerbuilder 5.0

From: Rune Moberg <mobergru_at_oslonett.no>
Date: 1996/07/21

In article <31EFC025.2EF3_at_vicon.net>, Ed Diana <eld_at_vicon.net> wrote:
> I'm less familiar with VB and Delphi. Why dont those systems crash on me
> more often than PB?

Delphi is developed in Delphi based on a compiler that has reached version 8 (Delphi 1.0) and 9 (Delphi 2.0). While it's a new product it's based on something "old" and proven. The same guy (Anders Hejlsberg) have been in charge of development of the compiler all this time and I guess that count for something as well.

VB takes the minimalist's approach: Virtually no API encapsulation, little or no OOP and a simple IDE (specially the form designer). While VB crashed rarely, all the apps made in VB seemed to burst into flames and die if I didn't remember to put the silly "On Error Goto" thingies in each and every function/event handler. VB makes you produce silly code with lots of gotos in them... :-(

--
=\
 *=- R.Moberg, CD-Player Pro info _at_ http://www.sn.no/~mobergru/