Re: Running applications as user "oracle"

From: Rick Wessman <rwessman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1996/07/18

The problem is that the Oracle executable has not been granted the correct privileges. Run the root.sh script created by the installer as root. That should fix the problem. If it doesn't, make sure that $ORACLE_HOME/bin/oracle has mode 4755 and is owned by the oracle user.

                                Rick
                                Rick Wessman
				Security Products
                                Network and Management Products