Error during Online Backup

From: Boo Kee Yang <keeyang_at_narwhal.sns.com.sg>
Date: 1996/07/18

Hi...

Wondering if anyone out there can help me on this. I am doing an online backup of the Oracle Database. And to aid in the process, i'm using the short script below to generate the list of datafiles belonging to a particular tablespace.

#
# Create a list of datafiles for each of the tablespaces
#

cat ${LISTDIR}/${DBNAME}.lis | while read TABLESPACE do

   $SQLPLUS > ${LISTDIR}/${TABLESPACE}.lis <<EOF    set pages 0
   set lines 80
   set head off
   set echo off
   set verify off
   set feedback off
   define TSPACE=$TABLESPACE
   column fname format a70

   select ddf.file_name fname
   from dba_data_files ddf
   where ddf.tablespace_name=upper('&&TSPACE');

   exit
EOF But, ocassionally, for one or two tablespaces, it'll fail and give me the below message in the ${TABLESPACE}.lis file

ERROR: ORA-07268: szguns: getpwuid error.

Enter password:
ERROR: ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied

Enter password:
ERROR: ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied

unable to CONNECT to ORACLE after 3 attempts, exiting SQL*Plus

Anyone any idea whats wrong? It seems to be an intermittent kind of error.

Thanks
Kee Yang Received on Thu Jul 18 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message