Re: Rollback segs fall offline, why??

From: GT Cherer <gcherer_at_millenium.texas.net>
Date: 1996/07/18

Whoops!! i guess i phrased my problem wrong, cause i got two replies like this one. Please let me restate-

  • other than at startup/bring down*** what can put a rollback segment offline while an application is using it and no alter statements are issued by the application and no one else is on the system????? thanx for helping with this bugger of a problem.

Peter Moore (ptmoore_at_sequent.com) wrote:
: If it is a public rollback seg. you need to list it in the
: ROLLBACK_SEGMENTS section of the init.ora file. Otherwise it will not
: be put online when starting the database.

thanx pete!!

--
G.T. Jeff Cherer gcherer_at_texas.net
"The road goes on forever, the party never ends..."